The New York City Department of Design and Construction (NYCDDC) has substantially completed the project, Safe Route to Schools–Phase III (HWCSCH3B-3), at various locations within Community Boards 3, 5 and 10 in the borough of Queens. These safety enhancements included neck-downs, new sidewalks, curbs, pedestrian ramps, drainage/road re-alignments, pavements markings, traffic signal upgrades, street lighting and landscaping.
Work Scheduled: January/February 2015
- Traffic signals, Street lighting, Road restoration and Permanent street markings.
- Punch List
70% of contract work has been completed:
- 97% of Neckdown Concrete curb & Sidewalk
- 100% of Neckdown Granite curb
- 97% of Catch basins & Manholes
- 89% of Traffic signals & Street Lights
- 75% of Road restoration & Street marking
- 15 of 15 trees planted